9th Know Goa Programme
The Government of Goa, Department of NRI Affairs is organizing the “Know Goa Programme (KGP)” formulated for the benefit of Goan Diaspora Youth who are not Indian Nationals but whose parents and/or grandparents are of Indian origin, and have had no opportunity to discover their roots in India in general and Goa in particular.
The 9th Know Goa Programme 2016 is scheduled to be held from November 27 to December 11, 2016. It is intended for students and young professionals in the age group of 18 to 28 years who have distinguished themselves in various fields and who have shown an abiding interest in Goa and in India. The participants will get an opportunity to visit premier educational, cultural, historical and industrial places of interest, besides interacting with local youth and elected representatives at the grass root level, and meet State and Central Government dignitaries.
During their stay in Goa from 27th November to 07th December 2016, they will also get an opportunity to call on the Hon’ble Governor of Goa, the Chief Minister, the Dy. Chief Minister, Speaker of the Goa Legislative Assembly and the Commissioner for NRI Affairs. The participants will be escorted to Delhi on 07th December 2016. The programme in Delhi will be chalked out in consultation with the Ministry of Overseas Indian Affairs and will conclude with visit to World Heritage Monuments at Agra on 10th December 2016 before the participants depart to their respective countries on 10th December 2016 (late night)/11th December 2016.
The Government of Goa will bear 90% of the total cost of the air ticket at lowest economy excursion fare from the home country of the participant to India and back as well as cost of all local travel and accommodation with meals. The terms and conditions and the eligibility criteria is attached. Aplications of interested Goan diaspora youth should be send to High Commission of India latest by August 15th 2016.
Terms & Conditions and Eligibility Criteria
- Goan Diaspora Youth in the age group of 18 – 28 years who are not Indian nationals and whose parents and/or grandparents are of Indian/Goan origin, have had no opportunity to discover their roots, have abiding interest in India in general and Goa in particular, and who have distinguished themselves in various fields, are eligible to apply in the application form attached.
- Those who have already participated in the Know India Programme organized by Government of India, Ministry of Overseas Indian Affairs or the Know Goa Programme organized by Government of Goa, Department of NRI Affairs from 2008 till 2015, will not be considered for the 9th Know Goa Programme.
- The Government of Goa will re-imburse to the participants on reaching Goa in rupee equivalent in cash 90% of the total cost of the air ticket at lowest economy excursion fare from the destination in the country of domicile to Goa, and return from Delhi back to the destination.
- The Government of Goa will purchase one way economy class air ticket of the participants from Goa to Delhi.
- While in Goa, the participants will be accommodated at Miramar Residency in Deluxe A.C. Rooms on twin sharing basis at government cost. This is a prime property of Goa Tourism Development Corporation located at the famous Miramar Beach, only 04 kms away from Panaji, the capital city of Goa. The participants will be provided breakfast, lunches and dinners at government cost.
- While in Delhi, the participants will be accommodated at Goa Niwas, Chanyakpuri in A.C. rooms on twin-sharing basis and provided breakfast, lunches and dinners at government cost. Arrangements for the visit of the participants to places of interest in Delhi and Agra will be made in consultation with the Government of India, Ministry of Overseas Indian Affairs, New Delhi.
- Final departure of the participants to their respective destinations will be from Delhi.